THE LAUNCH EVENT
THE LAUNCH EVENT
launching the focushr 2022 business excellence awards
The Focus HR Business Excellence Awards 2022 is the 34th year of the annual Business Excellence Awards, presented by the Toowoomba Chamber.
The Award Series starts with the Launch Part and culminates in a black tie and gown event, to give our region the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of our outstanding Business Community on 5 November 2022.
In 2021 a tradition was started to add a further acknowledgment to our Hall of Fame winners, by having them Host the launch of the following year’s Business Excellence Awards.
In that Tradition, the Focus Hr Business Excellence Awards 2022, was launched in partnership with ROWES, Toowoomba Chamber Hall of Fame winner 2021.
The Toowoomba Chamber Hall of Fame commenced in 2004 with four recipients and in the past 17 years, there have been several longstanding businesses recognised that have contributed significantly to the business community over the years.
And in 2021, that year was no different, with the Hall of Fame winner, ROWES. They are a business that has always prided itself on outstanding customer service, underpinned by its motto,
The ROWES CV is long and distinguished and is summarised as follows:
- For 129 years, their building has been a staple of the city’s skyline and its recent major renovation, ensuring it survives at least another 129 years.
- Since 1892, they have provided good old-fashioned service and great value for money and are still serving the community today. They give their customers great deals on superior quality products, and when you visit you will always be greeted by their knowledgeable staff.
- During World War 2 they provided an important social outlet for the many soldiers’ stations in the camps around Toowoomba by converting their store into a dance hall.
- In 1949, it was decided to turn it back into a retail store and started selling small quantities of their products soon they had converted an entire ground floor to sell their products.
- For 30 years they have been providing the community with entertainment in the form of their popular light shows. These digital animations and designs are viewed and fondly remembered by many on the evenings over Christmas, Easter, and Carnival of Flowers.
Their longevity, commitment, and contribution to the community are irrefutable and they were the worthy winner of the Toowoomba Chamber Hall of Fame 2021.
The Toowoomba Chamber is so proud that they launched the Focus HR Business Excellence Awards 2022.
The Toowoomba Business Community is excellent, strong, and resilient. The small business community employs an estimated 50% of residents and are key supporters of our local community groups. The small business community is the backbone of the local economy.
The Focus HR Business Excellence Awards 2022 is the 34th year of the annual Business Excellence Awards, presented by the Toowoomba Chamber. This black-tie and gown event, give our Region the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of our outstanding Business Community. It is our Business Community’s, Night of Nights!!
The winners of the Focus HR Business Excellence Awards 2022 will be announced at a BIG gala presentation event on Saturday 5 November 2022 at Rumours International.